Story stalls out a little at halfway when Fran tries to kill herself. Interesting that this wake up call moment comes as a result of an overdose and not the rampant alcoholism going on everywhere else in the film.
Late entry of the “ethnic type” – Karl.
Chiefly of interest because of filming locations in Utah.
- Too much time spent on “getting the band back together” phase (half the movie)
- First attack in Italy ludicrously easy
- We don’t see Germans respond to artillery barrage
- The overall objective the entire movie is moving towards is too undefined and comes too late in the movie
- Real fighting only comes with 15 minutes left in movie
- Use of a German POW to help carry wounded would never happen